Sunday, December 28, 2008

Aaron: Portrait session

I got an email from Jessica asking me if I was available to shoot her baby's birthday party on October 15, 2008. I checked my calendar and realized it fell on a Wednesday, so I asked her if she wanted to reserve the nearest available weekend. She then told me that they were actually based in Zamboanga so they were really planning on holding the party on a weeknight while they were in Manila for a short visit.

She also asked if we could have a short portrait session a few days before the event, and I happily agreed.:)

We had the pictorial at Jessica's sister's house two days before the party. Pie and I got to the place and the family was still out. When they arrived, Aaron was asleep. Jessica said he had just fallen asleep in the car. And then I was surprised when she actually started waking him up! I sucked in my breath and braced myself for what was about to come. I've been around a lot of babies, and they usually don't like being disturbed when they're sleeping.

As soon as Aaron opened his eyes though, he gave us this HUGE smile! And he didn't stop smiling for most of the pictorial! It turned out to be one of the easiest kiddie photo shoots that I have ever EVER done! And the photos I got weren't so bad, either.;)

Check them out...

Aaron was all smiles as long as nobody took away the wooden spoon that he found lying around in his aunt's living room. (It was part of a table display.)
Photobucket

I loved his smile! I was also so happy that I was able to take a few shots of him in his diaper.:D
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yup, still holding on to the spoon.:D
Photobucket

We took him to another room, but he still wouldn't let go of it.
Photobucket

I love this shot.:)
Photobucket

It was raining really hard earlier that day that we almost canceled the shoot. Just as we were about to finish though, the sun came up and I found this spot where the light was just amazing!
Photobucket

Unfortunately, Aaron didn't look so thrilled about going out in the sun.
Photobucket
After several shots though, we finally got him to smile again. This was my favorite shot from the session. This was also the one that they chose for the canvas frame.:)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails