Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Three!

Three years and about 2 hours ago, the doors of the Nuestra Señora de Gracia Church opened, and I stepped in to see the smiling faces of all our friends and relatives looking at me. I took a deep breath and slowly started to walk. But then, I had to pause because I felt the strap on my right shoe slip off. I contemplated excusing myself to fix the strap, but then that would have probably ruined the drama. So, I moved forward slowly, dragging my right foot, being very careful not to fall on my face, and trying not to trip on my gown. I felt relief when I finally reached my dad's arm. Finally, I had something to hold on to for the rest of the walk. And then I saw Pete. He looked like he caught something in his eye...

Yep, today marks our 3rd wedding anniversary.

To try to understand our relationship based only on our three years of marriage wouldn't be right though. That would be like watching only the last season of LOST, which Pete says you have to watch from the very beginning to really appreciate. (Hence, I ended up not watching it at all.) I hope I didn't offend Lost fans out there by comparing my relationship with my husband to one of the best television shows ever. (At least, that's what I heard.) In fact, I don't think our story is even TV-worthy. At least nothing to write Ate Charo about. But if it were a TV show, our story's pilot episode was in November 1996. It was crap--didn't really take off and was cancelled about two months later.:D We spent the next months developing a more viable plot and by November 1998, we were back on air. And after 8 and a half years, we opened another chapter by tying the knot.

And so here we are three years later.

The past three years have been awesome. Really. Things just kept getting better and better since that day three years ago, that when I really think about it, our wedding was probably one of the low points in our marriage. And I'm not saying we have a perfect life or a perfect marriage. I guess we just learned to appreciate things and life more. And everything just seems so much more fabulous!

So, although I woke up with a really bad cold this morning, and have been sneezing like crazy the whole day, things didn't seem so bad because I woke up with my husband by my side to hand me the inhaler. Hehehe.

Happy Anniversary to us!:) Here's to 68 more seasons together (because I just decided we're both going to live to be a hundred.;))




*Photos by Pie Lorenzo

7 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Ging & Pete!!! =) Woohooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Buddy and Tin!:)

    Thanks, Joy and family!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary ging and pete!
    You're both really good looking :) no stir ging :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hindi kita natawagan! Anyways, belated Happy Anniversary... Call you later or tomorrow pag di ka busy. Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Leah!:D

    Chen! I'll talk to you later.;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy anniv! better late than never! sexy mo sa pics ging ha. love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails