Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Olin Rei

March 18, 2007
Holy Cross Parish, Cavite
Island Cove Resort

I've already posted photos from Olin's baptism on my gallery about two weeks ago but I haven't had the chance to post an entry on it until now.

I have to admit, at first I thought covering the event was going to be difficult. I mean, I have had far more challenging wedding coverages, but this was my first out-of-town baptism and neither Pete nor I was familiar with that part of Cavite. Kathy and I just kept in touch through email and phone. We couldn't set up a meeting until about a week before the event because she's from Cavite and I'm from Q.C. and it was hard finding a common schedule and a meeting place that was convenient for both of us. We settled on Mall of Asia on a Monday a week before the event. I don't usually go that far to do meet-ups (I usually meet clients at SM North Edsa or Megamall.) but fortunately, I had some other business to do around the area that day so I was able to meet up with Kathy and her hubby Amiel. We signed the contract, and they paid for the deposit, and gave me a sketch to the venues.

On the day of the baptism, Pete and I left my house early because we didn't want to run the risk of losing our way or getting stuck in traffic. The map Amiel sketched (plus the Island Cove map we got from the internet) was very helpful and we didn't get into any trouble finding the church.

Kathy and Amiel and their family were great to work with. I think they all enjoyed being photographed so that made my job a whole lot easier.:) Kathy's mom was very accommodating. She made sure Pete and I got our food (sobrang dami, di ko naubos!) and kept checking on us if we were ok. (We actually felt like we were guests.)

It was our first time on Island Cove, and we thought the place was really nice. I think Kathy did a great job on the party. Great details, nice set-up, great food. I think everyone was happy...including us.;)






Click here for the photo gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails