Thursday, September 06, 2007

Sick leave

A lot of people think that when you work from home, getting sick is much easier. There's no boss no worry about. And no need to file for sick leave. Well, on the contrary, being sick when you work for yourself is much tougher. At least when you're an employee, you can just call in sick and they will either find someone to cover for you or they'll just pile up your tasks on your desk until you return. In my case, I have to do everything right now and being sick just means getting way behind on my schedule. I've not been feeling well since Sunday and it just got worse yesterday so I haven't actually been able to do real work the whole week--at least not as much as I want to. Fortunately, I don't have a shoot this weekend so perhaps, if I'm feeling better by then, I can start catching up on my tasks.

So yeah, this is me calling in sick. I'm trying my best to rest and save up my energy so I can get back to where I left off soon. So, since Monday, I've been limiting myself to answering emails and text messages, updating this blog, and doing a little bit of processing on the side. Oh yeah, and I also have a shoot for a magazine tonight so let's keep our fingers crossed that I don't collapse under the weight of the camera.:P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails