Friday, July 11, 2008

Ilocos trip: Laoag and beyond

Here are more photos from our Ilocos trip. These were taken on Monday, the day we were to leave Laoag for Manila. We figured we didn't have enough time to visit all the tourist spots anymore but we decided we needed to visit the windmills, the lighthouse, and the church.

Bangui Windmills
From Fort Ilocandia Resort where the event we photographed took place Sunday evening, and where we were checked in, we decided to visit Bangui Windmills first, and work our way back south.

It was the first time I have ever seen windmills up close. They looked like giant fans and I had this eerie feeling that someone was looking down at us. Pete, on the other hand was like a kid in a candy store. He was the one who really really wanted to see the windmills and he was so happy when we finally caught sight of the blades. We got there at around high noon though, so it was very difficult to get good shots, not only because of the bad light but because of the scorching heat!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Cape Bojeador

After the windmills, we stopped by the Cape Bojeador Lighthouse. I loved the texture of the walls and the lighting even at high noon. I guess this is why I was more interested in taking portraits and shots of details than I was in taking photos of the lighthouse.
Photobucket

Photobucket

At some point, I handed over my camera to Pie so she could take a couple of photos of Pete and me.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We were about to leave when I realized I hadn't taken a single photo of the lighthouse.
Photobucket

This is the view from the hill just below the lighthouse.
Photobucket

Fort Ilocandia
Fort Ilocandia is such a grand but charming hotel. Unfortunately, we weren't able to spend a lot of time to enjoy our stay there since we got there just in time for the event, and had to leave as soon as we got back from our visit to the windmills and the lighthouse.
Photobucket

We were literally packed up and ready to go when I noticed the BEAUTIFUL afternoon light. I promised Ces that I would be taking their family photos before we leave (I will post them in a separate entry) and I knew this was the perfect spot for a quick pictorial. Check out one of the test shots I took of Pie.
Photobucket

After taking photos of Ces and her family, I gave my camera to Pie and Ces so Pete and I could have our own photos. I didn't know if I wanted to post these photos because we're obviously not dressed up for a photoshoot. But just pretend that we don't look sweaty and we have better clothes on, and ignore the messy hair. Just focus on the yummy light.;)

First photo was taken by Pie and the second photo was taken by Ces.:)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh, and we wanted to drop by Paoay Church after checking out of the hotel, but unfortunately, just minutes after we drove out of the hotel compound, the skies turned dark and it started to pour. We did get a glimpse of the famous church, but we weren't able to take any photos anymore.

Finally, I would like to thank my wonderful client Rosemarie for giving us the chance to go on this trip.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails