Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Ilocos trip: Vigan

A couple of months ago, I was inspired by one of the blogs I follow to list down about a hundred things that I want to do or accomplish in the next three years. A lot of the items on my list are big goals like opening up a studio and building a house, while others are as simple as learning to cook a certain dish. This past weekend, I just checked one item off my list. I went on a road trip to Ilocos. I have never been that far up north before and I have always wanted to go there. And when a client booked me to do an event in Laoag, I was so excited!

Although this trip was primarily for work, we decided to do the tourist route as well. Ces Kasilag, who was to be my second shooter for the event in Laoag, brought along her family (hubby Jon, baby Franco, sis-in-law Gigi, and yaya) while with me were Pete, Pie, and our driver Mano Wally. With two photographers in the group and another one in the making (my sister Pie), we couldn't help but make the trip a mini photo expedition as well.

We left Manila before dawn on Saturday, and arrived at Vigan around noon. I'm not a travel blogger or a travel photographer, so this entry will just be full of random photos that I took during the trip. I will be posting the rest of the photos (from Ilocos Norte) in another entry.

Syquia Mansion

First stop was Syquia Mansion. I know a lot of people find museums boring but I actually find them interesting...and maybe a bit creepy at the same time.
Photobucket

Some of President Elpidio Quirino's personal stuff.
Photobucket

Interesting pieces that are probably worth millions. And they were all just lying around the house. The mansion only has a couple of caretakers and no hi-tech security system (except for the altar).
Photobucket

Photobucket

A detail on the 18k gold-plated mirror.
Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Guess who they were shooting.;)
Photobucket

Guess who took the better photo. Hehehe. Just kidding, Ces!
Photobucket

My favorite model.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Again.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Calle Crisologo

Next stop was the famous Calle Crisologo.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pie looking like a real turista.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Pagburnayan

Sunday morning we went to visit this pottery factory. I love this next photo.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pie looking very serious.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails