Thursday, December 24, 2009

The sweetest things

It's 2AM on Christmas Eve and I'm still up. Working. I don't think I have worked this late since...I don't even remember anymore. See, I'm trying to finish work for some clients (including those that have been delayed due to my week-long "leave") before I officially start my holidays. Truth be told, I am starting to get a bit stressed out. In times like this one, I've learned that it helps to focus on the little things that make me happy. Right now, it's the decaf Peppermint Mocha that Pete bought for me on his way home from his office Christmas party, and chatting online with an old friend whom I haven't seen in years. It's also thinking about moments like last night when I was wrapping Christmas presents for Pete and he was writing on greeting cards and we had one of my all-time favorite movies "Love Actually" playing (Love and Christmas, the two main themes of the movie, are two of my favorite things in the world!:)).

The past couple of weeks haven't exactly been the easiest ones for me. But I've learned that life is so full of reasons to be happy. Sometimes it can be a bit difficult to find them, but they're always there. So, this Christmas, I hope everyone finds his or her reason for happiness. Even if it's just a cup of expensive latte or a nice feel-good movie.:)

And since every post is better with photos, I wanted to put these up. Last weekend, I went home to my parents' house to find this lovely gift basket waiting for me. A client whom I haven't even met in person yet (she's based abroad and her event is still in February) sent me this when she found out about the "incident". It's the sweetest thing that anybody who doesn't know me personally has ever done for me. Thank you so much again, Judy! You made me feel so special.:)


Merry Christmas, everyone! Cheers!:)

P.S. Check out the interesting marks on the apples. How'd they do that?:D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails