Friday, November 04, 2011

Cielo: 1st birthday party

November 6, 2010
The Malayan Plaza

Party Decorations: Polkadots Events
Host/Magician: Marcus

As I said before, I will continue posting events from last year and perhaps some of my portrait sessions along with my most recent shoots.  I figured this would be the best way to make sure this blog stays updated with my latest work while I still feature all my previous events.  Hopefully, I will be able to get rid of all my backlog within the next few weeks. So, to all my clients who are waiting for their events to be published, please be patient with me as I try to catch up on  my blogging.  I just got back from my maternity leave recently and I am still adjusting to my new role as a working mum. And as I'm sure most of you would know, it's not easy.  At all.  But I'm doing my best and with the support of my family and friends, and with such understanding clients, I hope to be back on track soon. :)

Anyway, this was one of my parties from last year that haven't been posted yet.  When I learned that I was pregnant last year, some of the first people that I told were the clients who would be affected.  Cielo's party was one of my very first events while I was pregnant so I informed Mommy Leizel about it and she was so understanding about it.  She was also a very easy client to work with.  The family is based abroad so we just corresponded over email before the party, and she was already very nice in print.  She was even nicer in person. :)

Below are some of my favorite shots from the event.



We took a few family shots before the party started.


Look at those beautiful eyes!


This was one of my favorite shots of Cielo.



I love this one.




Mommy Leizel prepared several outfits and quite a number of accessories for Cielo!  Here are just a few of them.







As we all know, "Christmas season" in the Philippines starts in September, so we were already right in the middle of it in November.  We took family shots (along with the rest of their close relatives) at the hotel lobby where there was this lovely Christmas tree.

Decorations by Jhoanne Alon and her team from Polkadots Events.





The cute cake and cupcakes!




Marcus was there to entertain everyone.


Leizel enjoying the show. :)


Kids during one of the games.


Our cute birthday girl!


The magic show was a hit!





The candle-blowing.


My job is physically exhausting, so for all my events during the time I was pregnant, I brought along a back-up photographer. For Cielo's party, I was happy that my good friend Ces Kasilag could shoot with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails