Monday, January 07, 2008

Still here...

Yes, I'm still alive. Just really REALLY busy. It's not even 7AM and already I've been working for over an hour. I've been trying to catch up on work as much as I can since the start of the year. I was sick for most of the holidays and so, although I couldn't really afford to totally abandon my work until I got better, I'm afraid I didn't exactly get as much work done as I would've wanted. Hence, a couple of late deliveries and a few unanswered inquiries, which I'm not particularly proud of. I think December is the worst month to get sick not just for photographers, but for anybody. Fortunately, I was still able to celebrate Christmas with my family and New Year's with Pete's and managed not to ruin everybody else's holidays with work or my health condition. And for that, I am still grateful.

Anyway, I know it's almost a week into 2008, but I still wanna wish everyone a Happy New Year. 2007 was a great year for me. In fact, it exceeded my expectations. I started the year thinking that I was going to take it easy with work, especially since we were preparing for our wedding. But when I recently went through my records, I couldn't believe how much I was actually able to do in a year. 35 kiddie events (12 baptisms, 22 kiddie parties, and 1 dedication), 9 weddings (3 direct clients), 10 magazine projects, 1 adult birthday party, and several photoshoots (including maternity, engagement, and pre-event pictorials). I didn't really actively promote myself in 2007 (because I was going to take it easy), but thanks to great clients who keep referring me to other people, and to people who serendipitously stumbled upon this blog, I was able to do all these projects. I am not ashamed to say that I am fairly new to the business, I have only been doing this full-time for over two years, but I feel so fortunate to have met a lot of people who have trusted me to capture some of their most precious memories with my camera.:) Thank you. I promise to work even harder to deliver even better photos and services this year.

Ok, I know I have been a little behind in posting the events I've done the past couple months. I promise I will get to them soon. Meanwhile, let me entertain you with some pictures from our Christmas with my side of the family. We spent it in our family home in Tacloban this year.


First off, a couple of familiar faces...



And of course, a picture my favorite nephew Liam enjoying his first course for the Noche Buena (Gerber). Most of my clients will recognize him as the little baby in my business cards.:D

(By the way, Liam has been sick since New Year's day. He caught a stomach virus and has been in the hospital for almost a week now.:( Please pray for his speedy recovery.)

Here I am trying to look bright and cheery despite not being able to enjoy any of the food.:( (Photo taken by Pete)

And finally, a casual family photo. (Taken with the camera set on timer mode.)
Here's to a prosperous 2008, everyone!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails