Thursday, July 30, 2009

Where I have been...plus the Sirilans' family photos

The truth is I feel like I'm in a funk lately. I guess I'm just having what might be my version of a writer's block is. I don't know how or when it started but it came to a point last week when all I wanted to do was shoot but I couldn't focus on and didn't feel like doing my other tasks like editing, blogging, etc. It wasn't easy to admit it because hey, this is my dream job! I'm not supposed to have bad days, right? I tried fighting it but I finally had to decide to take it easy for a few days. I peeled myself away from work and convinced myself that it was ok to take a break. It went on for a few more days and then finally, I had a "light bulb moment" (as Oprah would put it) the other day and realized what was causing all this internal drama. I talked about it with Pete and a couple of friends and now I think I am better equipped to address it.

I'm not back a hundred percent yet, though. I'm still not as productive as I want to be this week, but I'm getting there. Every day, I try to pump up the energy and think happy thoughts. And for today, my happy thoughts are of these photos I shot a few months ago of some of my favorite people in the world.

On a hot summer day in May, Pete, Pie, and I went to Anvaya Cove in Bataan with my sister and her family and some of their friends. Before leaving the resort that afternoon, we did a very short portrait session. The light was PERFECT! And Liam was cute as ever. It's hard for me not to smile whenever I look at these shots.



Liam looks so grown-up in these next two photos.






Pete was making him laugh. He was probably making faces behind me.:P


I love this series. There is nothing that I love more than capturing real laughter.:)


Did I mention the light was PERFECT?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails