Monday, January 02, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

Pete, Paco, and I spent a quiet New Year's Eve tucked in a hotel room in Alabang. We had originally planned to spend the weekend with my family in hotel suites just as we have been doing the past few years. We'd have lots of food, singing, games...and we'd open our Christmas presents together (yes, we open our Christmas presents on New Year's Eve). A few days before the weekend however, we had a family emergency and we had to cancel our plans.

As I was going through my FB Wall last Saturday night, I couldn't help but feel a bit sad when I saw photos of our friends' families' Media Noche and read about how everyone was busy preparing for their feast. Meanwhile, Pete and I just ordered takeout from one of our favorite restos and had some dessert from Starbucks. We had a quiet dinner with only the TV and Paco's occasional squeal in the background. As midnight drew closer, the cityscape and the night sky outside our windows started lighting up with fireworks--and as always, it was beautiful! And I realized how lucky I was to be able to welcome the New Year with the most important persons in my life--away from the smog and the noise, too!:)

The beginning of a New Year is always a good time to look back and be grateful for the year that just ended and to look forward and be excited about what the next months would bring. 2011 was such a great year for me and my family. I looked back at all the things that happened last year, and I feel so blessed and I couldn't help but say "Wow." WOW. And guess what. I'm pretty sure 2012 is going to be even more amazing than last year! So, stay fabulous this 2012 everyone! :)

Here's a photo I took yesterday (January 1, 2012) at the hotel lobby just when we were about to check out. And yes, I realize I make a weird face when I try to make kids smile for me, but it usually works, especially with my own kid.;)

1 comment:

  1. happy new year ging! yeah, mas magandang picturan ang mga 'baby whisperer' haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails