Thursday, October 02, 2008

Ging Lorenzo, the abay

Last Saturday was my older sister's wedding to her long-time boyfriend (I was still in high school when they got together. Yeah, that long!). I was not the official photographer. I was an abay. One of the candle sponsors to be exact, which I think has the most difficult job in the whole bridal party. Not only do you have to worry about starting a fire or getting burned and humiliating yourself in front of everyone, you also have the oldies breathing down your neck to LIGHT THE CANDLE PROPERLY. Apparently, the fate of the marriage depends on whether the flame of the candles keep burning through out the ceremony...or something like that. So, yes I did take my job seriously that day.:D

Of course, I couldn't resist bringing along my new camera because I wanted to test it out before I brought it to an actual wedding shoot (I had a wedding to shoot the next day) but I didn't take a lot of photos at all. Here are some pictures from the wedding. A lot of the photos were taken by Pete because I had to hand over the camera to him while I did my abay duties.

The bridal shoes looked normal enough from the front, but when I looked at it from the back, I saw this interesting detail on the heels.
Photobucket


Details on the bridal dress.
Photobucket

Photobucket

The bride with the family's favorite makeup artist EJ Litiatco.:)
Photobucket

Photobucket

The candle sponsor with the Maid of Honor. (photo taken by Pete)
Photobucket

The real star of the day. This little guy totally upstaged everybody, including the bride! (photo taken by Pete)
Photobucket

The family all dressed up and ready to head for the church. (photo taken by Pete)
Photobucket

This is Joaqi, Pete's nephew. He was the ring and coin bearer during our wedding last year. He has grown a few inches since then, and this time he was bible bearer. (photo taken by Pete)
Photobucket

I think this shot is too cute and funny. :D(photo taken by Pete)
Photobucket

After I finished lighting the candle (I didn't trip on my way to the altar, and I didn't burn anything.:D), I went over to Pete to get the camera, and I took a few shots.
Photobucket

This is my handsome baby brother.:)
Photobucket

The kiss.
Photobucket

I think my mom looked really beautiful!:)
Photobucket

Whenever I take group photos, I always make it a point to take several shots because just when you think you've nailed it, someone in the group looks over the other way. Hehehe. (photo by Pete)
Photobucket

The official photographer said "KISS, please!". And that's what Joaqi did.;) (photo by Pete)
Photobucket

Pete read the Second Reading during the mass. I think he did a great job.;) (photo taken by Pie)
Photobucket

Liam with his mom (my sister) and dad.:D
Photobucket

Pete with his mom, niece, and sister.:)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Pie and my mom.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. So pretty naman you sis. Nice to see you in the photos naman this time.=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kiten!

    Azi's photos are ready pala. Will email you about it.:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails