Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Miki: Baptism and 1st birthday party

June 21, 2009
Sto. Domingo Church
Pavillion A, Wack Wack Golf & Country Club

A day after the party, Katy texted me to thank me for documenting her baby Miki's big day, and also to ask me if we've met before. Yes, I get that a lot--apparently, I have a very common face. But then she asked if I was from UP College of Engineering. I said yes, and she told me also was from UP Eng'g, just a couple of batches younger than me. Small world! To think that just 10 years ago (has it really been that long???) we were both walking through the same hallways!

Anyway, below are some of my favorite shots from Miki's baptism and birthday party.

First off, some shots from the baptism. It was my first time to be at the Sto. Domingo Church. It's HUGE! Good thing I got there really early because it took me at least 15 minutes to find the baptistry.





The ninongs and ninangs.

Miki playing with his grandparents who were standing behind them.




And now for the birthday party...

When Katy told me that the party's theme was going to be M&M's, I already knew it was going to be very colorful and unique. And when she told me Polka Dots Events (lead by the very talented Jhoanne Alon) was going to be her decorator, I was pretty sure the details were going to be over-the-top beautiful!


Delicious colors!

And the cake! Just looking at it is enough to give me a toothache!


The guests had a great time during the program hosted by the super cool Flooch.




Here's Flooch doing one of his tricks. As he always says, "This is not magic, this is science." :D

And here's Miki with Mommy and Daddy also enjoying the program.

Another shot of the cake with the lighted candle.


Blowing of the birthday candle.





It was a full house!


Finally, after the party, when most of the guests have left, we were finally able to take some family photos outside.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails