Friday, March 19, 2010

Sophia Margarette: 1st birthday party

January 9, 2010
Northeast Greenhills Clubhouse

Second weekend of the year, Pie and I found ourselves back at one of my favorite kiddie event venues, this time for Sophia's birthday party.  Mommy Kat contacted me April of last year, but I told her I accept kiddie event bookings around 6 months before the event.  She made the deposit as soon as we hit June.

The family is based abroad so I only got to meet them on the day of the event.  We started shooting at their hotel rooms at the Crowne Plaza.  When I got there, I found out that everyone had the colds--Sophia, older sister Kirsten, and Mommy.  Aside from that, they had just flown in a few days before so the kids were still trying to adjust to their surroundings.  So, as you can imagine, it was not easy getting them to smile at the camera, or even sit still long enough for me to get a good shot.  Oh, and during the party, I started getting a splitting headache! The kind that feels like your head is about to explode! (I actually told Pie to make sure she took over the camera in case I collapsed. Hehehe.) But, as always, I tried to do everything I can with what I was given that day and I ended up with some really nice shots.  And the family (especially Kat) was just so nice to us, and I'm really grateful I had the chance to photograph their event.

We weren't able to take portraits at the hotel, because Sophia wasn't in the mood. But I did get shots of the nice details.




This is Kirsten. I felt just a liiiittle bit guilty that instead of telling her mom about what she was doing at once, I took a few more seconds to take a few shots first. Hehehe. I just thought she looked too cute!

It was my first time to work with NY Giftworks & Party Shop, but I think they did a great job with the venue set-up!:)








I LOVED these personalized umbrellas!


When the program started, we tried to get some nice family photos outside. TRIED. Pia was so not in the mood that she was either frowning or crying in the photos.  We decided to take a break and just try again when she was in a better mood.





I did get these lovely shots of Kirsten.:)





After about half an hour, we tried again with Pia. And this time, she was in a much better mood.:)





We were finally able to get her to smile. 

And doesn't she look lovely when she smiles?


Here's Pia with lovely Mommy Kat.




The kids enjoying the show.


Sophia was asleep during the candle-blowing.  Good thing Mommy was there to blow out her candle for her though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails