Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Christmas!:)

I'm editing a holiday portrait session that I did over the weekend, and I just couldn't help feeling so Christmassy today.:) Christmas is my FAVORITE season of the year! And I feel so blessed to be living in a country where the season lasts for about 5 months! Hehehe. It's November so we're practically in the middle of it already.:D Christmas really is in the air! The movie "Love Actually" (one of my favorites) comes to mind..."I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes...CHRISTMAS is all around me"...Hehehe.

I made the decision early on in my career as a photographer to never let my work interfer with my life. And that includes spending important holidays with my family, especially Christmas. Ok, so it took me a few years before learning my lesson. The past few Christmases, I was always too busy with events, and then as soon as they were all over, I would collapse and get really sick from exhaustion. This year, I have decided to accept fewer bookings and reserve the dates around Christmas and New Year's for personal time with my family.:) (It's very hard for me to turn down bookings, though, but I feel that I have to stand by this decision.)

Oh, and I also decided to start decorating early this year. Last year, I started late and got too busy to even finish the tree. Yes, I had a half-finished Christmas tree in my living room. Hee. Good thing nobody ever visited us in our old apartment. This year, as soon as Halloween was over, I set up the tree and put on the lights. Last night, I stayed up all night to finish decorating it.:) I don't have my camera with me right now, but I will post a photo of our Christmas tree soon.

For now, here is a photo from that holiday portrait session that I'm editing. Christmas is here!:)

2 comments:

  1. super nice pic ging! at least nagkaroon ng purpose ang christmas balls ko since ayaw laruin ni dwayne LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nikki! Oo nga! Mukhang galit na galit si Dwayne sa Christmas balls! Hehehe.:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails