Thursday, November 26, 2009

Mateo: 1st birthday party

October 11, 2009
North Forbes Pavillion

Mateo's birthday celebration was my first event after the typhoons Ondoy and Pepeng (I was lucky enough not to have work during both weekends when the typhoons hit!) and people were still talking about the devastation that the twin calamities brought. However, as soon as the party started, all worries were forgotten and everybody got into the spirit of fun.

Mommy March emailed me many months before the party to ask if I would be available to shoot Mateo's party. I was so happy to hear that she also hired my good friend Ces Kasilag as second photographer.  When I learned that she was working with Kathleen of Hi5 Parties, I knew there were going to be a lot of interesting details in the party. And I was right.:)

Below are some of the photos that I love from the party...

We started shooting at their lovely home. And Mateo seemed very comfortable in front of the camera. It's no surprise really as both Mommy and Daddy are photography enthusiasts.








Getting ready.


The party had a Club Penguin theme. I didn't know what that was but Google tells me it's a MMOG (massively multiplayer online game) designed by Disney for kids between ages 6 and 14 years old. Hmmm...interesting...:D


M&M's in cute bottles as party favors.


The following family photos were taken right outside the venue. I saw that the light was PERFECT when we got there, so I asked the family if we could take a few shots. We did these in under 10 minutes as more guests were already arriving.


My favorite shot of the family.:)


I love these two as well.



I don't know what these were, but they looked so cute and colorful!


More details...








Just some of the yummy food!








Mateo enjoying ice cream while watching the program with Mom.


With Dad.





Teachers from Gymboree were there to entertain the smaller kids. Every one had a blast!


Host-magician Ruther doing one of his magic tricks.

2 comments:

  1. THANKS SO MUCH :) i love your work! :) by the way, those are puffles :) ---> pets of penguins in the game :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi March! Thanks!:) And thanks for the info on the puffles.:D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails